Saturday, February 23, 2008

Futura 2000

I just thought I would share this but my KHS Flite 100 was painted on Thursday night by the one and only Futura 2000. To anyone who might not know, he is one of the most famous graffiti artists of all time. He was at the Sneaker Pimps show in Vancouver doing a live painting and afterwards offered to paint my bike. As a huge fan of his I offered it up without a second thought. He loves bikes and did all the artwork for Lance Armstrong’s time trial bikes in the 2005 Tour de France. He also worked as an NYC messenger through the 1980's. This was one of the most amazing events of my life and I was star struck meeting an idol of mine.

1 comment:

dezo said...

That's to effen kool bro, I grew up in nyc and his tag was everywhere, I mean everywhere He is definately one of the all time best. I'm a screenprinter and I had the oppurtunity to print t-shirts that he designed for Kingpin NYC clothing line many years back. I wish I could get a hold of him to design stuff for my kids t-shirt line,
that would be sweet.

peace, and never sell that bike.

Julio